This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 pounds hanger steak, lightly pounded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) smoked sweet paprika or pimentón
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 1 red field pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper or 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 tablespoons EVOO  – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound spinach, stemmed
- A few grates nutmeg
Bring steaks to room temperature and season liberally with salt and pepper. Combine the paprika, cumin and coriander in a small bowl  and rub into steaks. Prep your peppers, celery and onion while the steaks hang out.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with oil 2 turns of the pan . Add steaks and brown, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally; remove and let rest.
To the pan  drippings, add another turn or two of oil then the peppers. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes, then add celery, onions and half of the garlic. Season with salt and pepper, toss 2-3 minutes more then deglaze pan with vinegar. Add honey, toss and remove pan from heat.
In another skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic, swirl and wilt in spinach. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
Slice meat against the grain into 1/2-inch thick slices.
To serve, arrange 1/4 of the pepperonata on each dinner plate in an even layer. Top with 1/4 of the spinach leaving a rim of peppers around the edge then top spinach with sliced steak.