Hot + Sweet Pepper Dogs
The hot and sweet flavor combination in this recipe make for one delicious frank!
Just in time for the weekend, Rach's Hot + Sweet Pepper Dogs! Thanks Hebrew National for making our Memorial Day even tastier. Recipe –> http://bit.ly/hotandsweetpepperdogs
Posted by Rachael Ray on Friday, May 25, 2018
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, such as Fresno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small-medium bell peppers in 2 colors, such as green and red, very thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 hot dogs, such as Hebrew National
- 8 hoagie, sub or hot dog rolls, split
Heat a large griddle over medium-high heat. Heat the oil (two turns of the pan) in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and hot peppers to the pan and stir for 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and onion. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until very tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and reduce the heat to low to keep the peppers and onion saucy and warm.
Heat a deep skillet with a few inches of boiling water. Reduce the heat, keeping the water at a low boil.
Add the hot dogs to the boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes to heat through. Remove, split lengthwise down the middle, and place on the hot griddle to crisp the insides of the dogs as well as the casings. Nestle the dogs in the rolls and top with the peppers and onions.
This recipe courtesy of our Feedback sponsors,