Iceberg Antipasto Salad
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and chopped
- 1/4 pound hard salami, sliced not too thin then halved then cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 pound hot coppa, sliced not too thin then halved then cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 pound provolone, sliced not too thin then halved then cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers, sliced or chopped plus 1 tablespoon of brine
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or wine vinegar
- 1 rounded teaspoon super-fine sugar or Acacia honey
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A handful grated Pecorino or Parm
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
Combine salad ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl whisk up vinegar, hot pepper brine, sugar or honey, oregano, thyme, parsley, cheese and EVOO. Toss salad with dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.