Inside-Out Pimiento Cheese Grilled Cheese
- 1 cup (packed) grated extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (packed) grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons diced and drained pimiento peppers from jar, or roasted red peppers
- Pinch cayenne pepper or a shake of hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 4 King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- Softened butter, for spreading
In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the cheeses, mayo, pimientos and cayenne or hot sauce, and mash with a fork to combine. Season with salt and pepper, cover and let chill if not using right away.
Take a hamburger bun, butter the cut sides and place cut side down on the counter or cutting board. Put a nice slather of pimento cheese (a couple tablespoons worth) in the middle and top with the other half of the bun, cut side up. Pat it down a little to adhere and gently spread. Repeat with the remaining buns. You do not need to use all of the pimento cheese – save some for snacking with crackers or celery sticks.
[This recipe is part of a sponsorship with our partner, King’s Hawaiian.]