Jalapeño Popper Cornbread Waffles
Waffle-style cornbread is good for any meal of the day. Top with warmed honey or an egg cooked to taste.
Collect all of Rach’s waffle recipes from “Waffle Week!”
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese (about a handful)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 eggs, fried (optional)
Pre-heat a waffle maker to medium heat.
Prepare the cornbread mix according to the package directions, adding in the chopped jalapeño and black pepper. Fold the cream cheese and cheddar into the batter.
Once warm, brush the inside of the waffle maker with melted butter. Pour in the batter and cook for 5 minutes, or until the cornbread waffles are golden brown.
Drizzle with warm honey. Tip: Warm the honey in a glass container on top of the waffle maker while the waffles are cooking!
For a brunch dish, top each waffle with an egg.