This recipe is as easy as ABC: add anchovies, beer and chili to give pizazz to kale!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO )
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch black kale, lacinato kale or dinosaur kale, stemmed and thickly shredded
- 1 cup ale
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the EVOO  in a small skillet  over medium to medium-high heat. Add the anchovies and let them melt into the EVOO. Add the chili and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the kale and let it wilt, turning it in the chili and garlic with tongs. Douse the pan  with the ale and toss for 1-2 minutes more, than add nutmeg, and salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the kale to a serving bowl  and serve.