Lean and Green Cocktail
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 5 to 8 very-thin slices fennel, plus 1 slice for garnish
- 4 leaves fresh basil, plus 1 small sprig for garnish
- ¼ cup gin
- 2 tablespoons elderflower liqueur, such as St. Germain
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 dashes fennel bitters (optional)
- 1 fennel frond, for garnish
Muddle the fennel slices and basil at the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add gin, St. Germain, lime juice, and, if using, fennel bitters; shake well with ice, and double-strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with the basil sprig, fennel slice and fennel frond.