Leftover Lover’s Turkey Tetrazzini
Leftovers are transformed into this luscious post-Turkey Day casserole.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups turkey gravy or turkey stock
- 2 cups milk
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Regginano cheese
- 1 pound cooked leftover turkey, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cauliflower or broccoli leftovers, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas, defrosted or leftovers
- Toppings: homemade breadcrumbs, chopped toasted leftover stuffing or Panko mixed with melted butter and Parmigiano Regginano cheese
- 1 pound egg noodles or egg pasta cooked to al dente
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
Heat the EVOO in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat; add the butter and melt into the EVOO. Add the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in the wine, then the gravy or stock and milk; adjust the salt and pepper and season with nutmeg, to taste. Let thicken enough to coat a spoon and stir in the parm Parmigiano Regginano cheese.
Stir the turkey, cauliflower, peas, pasta into the sauce and turn everything into a casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.