Rachael takes a classic cocktail and turns it into a chicken dinner!
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon bitters, such as Angostura
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets or tenders, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- One box rice pilaf mix (6 ounces), prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted
In a small bowl , mix together the honey, lime juice and bitters and stir to dissolve the honey.
In a large skillet , heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the chicken and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the honey sauce; toss for 1 minute to coat.
Stir the peas and cilantro into the prepared rice. Add the nuts and fluff with a fork.
Transfer the rice to a platter; using a slotted spoon, mound the chicken over the rice. Serve with the lime wedges.