This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show . For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- About ⅓ cup yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 round tablespoon hot sauce (Rach’s go-to is Frank’s)
- ⅓ cup superfine sugar or white sugar
- ⅓ cup white or cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup neutral oil (such as safflower, vegetable or canola)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small white/green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges, cored and very thinly sliced or shredded (about 1 pound once cored)
- 1 small red or white onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 4 meatless burger patties, such as Beyond Burger or Impossible Burger, 1 ½ to 2 pounds for 6-8 ounce patties
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- About ½ cup cayenne pepper sauce (Rach’s go-to is Frank’s RedHot)
- About 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices yellow American cheese, cheddar cheese or pepper Jack, or a mix of 2, optional
- 4 Big Marty’s or other soft burger rolls of choice
- Sliced dill or bread and butter pickles
For the Mustard Slaw: In a large glass mixing bowl , whisk  up mustard, hot sauce and sugar, then whisk  in vinegar, then oil and seasonings. Add onions and their juice, carrot, and cabbage, then toss and chill.
For the Buffalo BBQ Burgers: Heat a cast-iron skillet  over medium-high heat. Season burgers and drizzle with oil, add to pan  and cook until brown and crispy at edges, 7-8 minutes, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet  over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic, swirl, add cayenne pepper sauce and Worcestershire, swirl again. Add cooked patties and turn, then top with cheese, if using. Turn off heat and cover pan  loosely with foil to melt cheese.
Assemble burgers: bun bottom (Rach likes Big Marty’s ), pickles, Buffalo burger, slaw, bun top.