Meatless Cheeseburgers with Hot Honey
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 cup honey (ideally one light in color and flavor, such as Acacia honey)
- 2 round tablespoons Calabrian chili paste or your favorite hot sauce
- 4 meatless burger patties, such as Beyond Burger or Impossible Burger, 1 ½ to 2 pounds for 6-8 ounce patties
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 8 slices muenster or white cheddar cheese
- 4 potato or onion kaiser rolls
- Sliced dill pickles
- Leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced vidalia or sweet onion
For the Hot Honey: Funnel the honey and hot sauce into a squirt bottle. Run under hot tap water to loosen and shake to combine.
For the Cheeseburgers: Grill meatless burgers seasoned with salt and pepper in neutral oil in a hot cast-iron skillet, about 7 to 8 minutes over medium to medium-high heat. Top with 2 slices Muenster cheese or white cheddar cheese per patty during last minute of cooking time.
Assemble burgers: bun bottom, dill pickles, leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, cheeseburger, sliced onion, hot honey, bun top.