New England-Style Tuna Roll
It’s hard to pass up a good Lobster Roll, but we think these Tuna Rolls are a great alternative. Feel free to jazz them up with a couple shakes of hot sauce in the tuna mixture.
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon chives, finely sliced
- 1/2 small celery stalk, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1, 5-ounce can of solid white albacore tuna, drained and chunked
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 Lobster-style roll, or hot dog roll cut across the top and split open
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the mayo, lemon juice, chives, celery and season with salt and pepper. Add in the tuna, gently stirring to combine and set aside.
Place a small skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating, butter the sides of the roll and add to the skillet, cooking until golden brown on each side, about 1-2 minutes.
Remove the roll from the skillet and gently pile in the tuna mixture. Sprinkle some extra chives on top along with a little lemon zest.
Makes 1 roll