Paella Fried Rice
A great way to use up all that leftover rice from Chinese takeout!
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 chorizo sausage links, cut in half-inch pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of saffron, about 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3-4 cups leftover rice, from takeout or day-old rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound mussels, beards removed if attached
- 1/2 cup (about a handful) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
And the chicken and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf and saffron, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes or until the onions get tender. Add the leftover rice and toss to combine until the rice is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are firm and the mussels have opened. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.