This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat pulled from bones or 1 3-pound chicken, well-seasoned with Kosher salt and refrigerated, uncovered, overnight*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 of a palmful) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 of a palmful) coriander
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup white distilled or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
For the Cucumber Salad: (optional)
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced Salt
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Store-bought, sliced bread-and-butter pickles
- Potato or other soft sandwich rolls, toasted
* To cook the chicken, pat it dry and roast it at 425°F until golden and an internal temperature of 165°F, about an hour. Let cool then separate chicken from skin and bones and pull into bite-sized pieces.
Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add onion and garlic. Soften then season with salt, pepper and the spices. Add vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, stock and tomato sauce, and stir to combine. Add pulled chicken meat and let simmer a few minutes for flavors to combine and to thicken sauce.
If making the cucumber salad, place cucumbers in a strainer and season liberally with salt. Let drain 20 minutes and press out any excess water. In a small bowl , combine crème fraîche with sugar, vinegar, dill and chives; add cucumber and toss to coat.
To assemble sandwiches, on the roll bottoms, place a couple of pickles, some pulled Paprika BBQ Chicken, some of the cucumber salad, if using (add more pickles if not), then set roll tops in place.