Pasta with Cherry Tomato Marinara
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, chopped or grated
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (red and yellow), halved
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) red pepper flakes
- A handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 pound cavatappi or other short-cut pasta
- Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Fruity EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a skillet with a lid over medium-high heat with olive oil, 3 turns of the pan. Add garlic and swirl; then add cherry tomatoes and season with oregano and red pepper flakes. Stir in basil to wilt and season with salt. Cover and cook 15 minutes to break down tomatoes, giving the pot a shake now and then.
Salt pasta water and cook pasta to al dente. Add half a mug of salty water to the sauce before draining pasta then add pasta to the sauce along with a couple of handfuls of cheese and a fat drizzle of EVOO. Pass extra cheese at table and serve with Rach’s Iceberg Antipasto Salad.