This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO  – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bundle thin springs asparagus, trimmed of ends and thinly sliced on bias
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1/3 pound (a handful) thin green beans (haricots verts), cut into thirds on bias
- 1 bunch green spring onions, thin leeks or fat scallions, thinly sliced on bias, whites and greens separated
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch (about 24) saffron threads
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- Egg or semolina pappardelle or fettuccine
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigaino-Reggiano, plus some to pass at table
- Finely chopped parsley, basil and chives, to serve
Bring a large pot  of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet  over medium-high heat with EVOO , 2 turns of the pan . Add asparagus, peas, beans, whites of onions, leeks or scallions, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and toss to tender-crisp 3-5 minutes. Add wine or stock.
In a small saucepot , bring cream, lemon zest and saffron threads to a low boil. Simmer 3 minutes to thicken then remove from heat.
Salt boiling water liberally and cook pasta 1 minute under suggested time for al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid then drain.
Toss pasta with reserved cooking liquid, vegetables, infused cream, grated cheese and a fat drizzle of EVOO for a full minute. Serve in shallow bowls , topped with chives, basil, and parsley. Pass more cheese at the table.