This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound meaty bacon
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 round tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 pound linguine or rigatoni
- 1 cup pre-roasted or prepared chestnuts, sliced or chopped
- 1 loosely packed cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus some to serve/pass at table
Bring a large pot  of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet  over medium-high heat with olive oil, 2 turns of the pan . Add bacon and render 2-3 minutes until crispy at edges. Add shallots, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add stock and cream or crème fraiche then stir in syrup or honey and simmer to thicken sauce. Reduce heat to low and stir in mustard to taste.
Salt boiling pasta water and cook pasta to al dente. Add half a cup of salty, starchy cooking water to sauce before draining pasta. Add drained pasta and toss with roasted chestnuts, sauce and cheese.
Serve in shallow bowls  and pass extra cheese at table.