- 1/2 – 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup good quality pesto, or homemade
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, pulled from the skin and bones and gently torn or shredded
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 plum or beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half, seeds squeezed out, and chopped
- 2-3 small to medium size balls of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 8 King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls or Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls, cut in half
In a medium size mixing bowl , add the yogurt and pesto and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine, add the chicken, and toss until coated. Set aside to let flavors develop.
In a medium skillet  set over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add in tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and let slowly cook out until they start to melt down and slightly thicken, about 8-10 minutes. Season again to taste, and set aside to slightly cool.
Place a slice of mozzarella on the bottom bun and top with some of the pesto chicken. Add a spoon of the melted tomatoes on top and add top of bun.
[This recipe is part of a sponsorship with our partner, King’s Hawaiian .]