Pico de Gallo Pilaf
Serve with Margarita Fish Soft Tacos.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, red or white, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- A handful of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Heat the EVOO in a saucepot over medium heat. Add the orzo and toast until deep golden. Stir in the rice and broth and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 17-18 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, jalapeño, cilantro and lime zest and juice. Season with salt, to taste.
When the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in the salsa. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.