Pimento Cheese Potato Skins
Get your game on with this game day-ready skins.Who doesn’t love pimento cheese dip inside a potato?
- 4 Idaho potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can diced pimentos (4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of hot sauce
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced on bias, for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 40-45 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to touch. Cut each potato in half and scoop the insides out into a medium size mixing bowl. Place the skins, cut-sides up, back onto the baking sheet.
To the bowl with the potato flesh, add the cheeses, pimentos, garlic, onion, black pepper, hot sauce and mayo.
With a small spoon, scoop the pimento cheese mixture into the little potato skins. Place back in the oven until the cheese is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.