Pimiento Cheese Dog
Topped with a delicious cheese sauce, Rach is making this one-of-a-kind dog for this year’s Feedback!
- 1 3-ounce brick cream cheese at room temperature
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk, if needed to thin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded yellow sharp cheddar
- 1 4-ounce jar chopped pimientos, well drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon or to taste of hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1 teaspoon or to taste of Worcestershire
- 8 Hot dogs, cooked in water or on a grill or griddle
- 8 Soft hot dog buns, such as King’s Hawaiian
- Fritos, lightly crushed
Place a small sauce pot or skillet over medium low heat and add cream cheese (and milk, if needed). When melted down, add yellow sharp cheddar, pimientos, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion, yellow mustard, hot sauce, and Worcestershire and stir to combine to a paste like consistency. Keep warm over low heat until ready to use.
Prepare hot dogs by either grilling or cooking in water. When finished, spread some of the warm pimiento cheese blend on one side of the bun, place a hot dog on bun, and top with a dusting of fritos.