This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking polenta
- About 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- About 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Acacia (light in color and flavor) honey
- Flour, about 1 cup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons citrus zest, orange or lemon
- A small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Frying oil, such as safflower, canola or light/clear olive oil
Bring stock and milk to low simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in polenta and cook 3 minutes until it comes together. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, honey and butter and 1 cup of cheese. Let cool (spread it out on a sheet pan to cool it down faster).
Use a small scoop to roll arancini and coat them first in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs combined with salt, pepper, citrus zest, parsley and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Heat oil in a deep-sided skillet or Dutch oven to 350°F. Add arancini and cook to brown and crisp.
Serve with Rach’s Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce alongside for dipping.