Prosciutto-Wrapped Rosemary Chicken Thighs
Serve with Cold Spaghetti with Spicy Raw Sauce.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 package or bundle fresh rosemary, divided
- 8 pieces good quality boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 2 lemons, cut into thin wedges
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Pour about 1/4 cup EVOO into a shallow dish and add the garlic.
Strip the leaves off a sprig of rosemary and finely chop, about 1 tablespoon. Add the chopped rosemary to the bowl with the garlic and oil. Break the remaining rosemary up into eight small sprigs, each about the size of the chicken pieces.
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, to taste, then add them to the garlic mixture. Turn to coat. Wrap the chicken pieces in prosciutto, securing the prosciutto with a sprig of rosemary as you wrap. The sprigs should stick out a bit at the edges of the ham. Drizzle the chicken with more EVOO and grill for 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
Serve two pieces of chicken for each serving, along with some lemon wedges for squeezing over the top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.