Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
This recipe was sent to rachaelray.com by site visitor Cindy Puyear, who says, “I make these bars every Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are great with whipped cream on top. My family and co-workers love them and ask me to make some for them. It’s like having pumpkin pie in smaller portions. In place of the canned pumpkin, you can use fresh.”
- 1 package pound cake mix (16 ounces)
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter (melted)
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces) Note: Do NOT use evaporated milk!
- 2 cups pumpkin (16 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, pecans preferred
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
In large mixer bowl, on low speed, combine the cake mix, 1 egg, margarine/butter and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, until crumbly.
In large mixer bowl, beat the cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk; then the remaining 2 eggs, the pumpkin and the remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well.
Pour over the crust and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set.
Cool. Chill, then into bars. Store in the refrigerator.