Quick and Easy Pizza Dip
Kids and grown-ups alike will love this healthy pizza dip, and it makes a great party dish! It’s also an excellent substitute for mayo on your favorite sandwich, or you can pack it up for a dip-a-licious lunch box or snack on-the-go.
- 1 cup low fat or nonfat ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto
- 5-6 leaves basil, thinly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pitas, cut into pizza triangle shapes, regular or whole wheat
- Cooking spray, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)-flavored
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 carrots, cut into long sticks
- 3 ribs celery, cut into long strips
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, pesto and basil. Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside while you make the pitas.
Spray the pitas with cooking spray and season them with the garlic powder and oregano.
Place on a cookie sheet and bake until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Serve the ricotta pizza dip with the veggies and pita chips. Yum-o!
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.