This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 pound Italian sweet sausage with fennel (2 links out of the casings or bulk)
- 1 red frying or bell/field pepper, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 to 4 sprigs (3 tablespoons) rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 rounded tablespoons chopped, hot pickled cherry peppers plus a splash of their brine
- Crusty bread like ciabatta, for mopping
Heat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour; shake off excess. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan , 2 turns of the pan  and brown half of the chicken until crispy and golden on both sides. Remove to a plate, add more oil as necessary and repeat with remaining chicken. Brown both lemon halves, cut-side-down, to caramelize the flesh; reserve.
Add the sausage to the drippings in the pan and brown and crumble; remove. Add peppers, onions, garlic and rosemary, and season with salt and pepper. Stir 5 minutes to soften then add wine and stir 1 minute. Add chicken stock and slide chicken and sausage back in. Simmer and thicken; stir in juice of caramelized lemon and swirl in the hot peppers and a splash of their juice.