This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 large red pepper, such as field pepper or Manhattan fruit
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup toasted Marcona almonds
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or hot paprika
Roast pepper over an open flame on a gas stove or under a broiler to blacken and blister. Cool covered in a bowl then peel and seed. Process/blend the roasted red pepper with garlic, nuts, sherry vinegar, EVOO, parsley, smoked paprika and cayenne or hot paprika. Add salt to taste.
This sauce is great on hot, charred bread. Leftover sauce is great on any grilled, broiled or sautéed protein, grilled mushrooms or squash.