Rachael’s Balsamic-Marinated Chicken Legs, Green Tomato Salad and Corn with Garlic Butter
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the Chicken:
- About 3 tablespoons aged Balsamic vinegar
- About 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 round tablespoon Calabrian chili paste, or 1½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- About ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 12 chicken legs/drummers
- Salt and pepper
For the Salad:
- 3 large green tomatoes, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- A handful each parsley and mint, about 1 cup loosely packed, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- About 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
For the Corn:
- Cooking spray, for grill pan or griddle
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, husks tied and silk removed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to serve
Combine marinade in bag. Season legs with salt and pepper and add to marinade. Chill chicken several hours or overnight.
To prepare legs, preheat oven to 400˚F. Arrange legs on wire rack over foil-lined baking sheet and shake off excess marinade as you remove to tray. Bake 35-40 minutes, turning once, to crispy and skin is tight. Chicken can also be grilled over medium high, 375˚F to 400˚F, turning occasionally.
For salad, combine all ingredients in shallow dish or bowl and let stand 20 minutes. Toss again to serve.
For corn, preheat griddle or grill over medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray and cook corn 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Melt butter in small pot with crushed garlic, liberally brush on corn and season with salt and coarse black pepper. Sprinkle corn with freshly grated Parm to serve.