This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
Brussels sprouts leaves get tossed with orange liqueur-spiked dried cranberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds in a sweet & spicy Dijon dressing. MAKE-AHEAD: You can prep this recipe up to 1 week in advance. Just refrigerate everything separately (details below) and combine before serving.
For the Dressing
- 1 large shallot
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- About ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- About 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- About ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
For the Salad
- 2 pounds large Brussels sprouts, cored/trimmed and leaves separated
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
For the dressing, place ingredients in a Mason jar or plastic tub, shake to combine and adjust salt and pepper. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
Clean and dry Brussels leaves and store in plastic food storage bag. Toast and cool nuts and place in small food storage bag. Place cranberries in deli tub or bowl and add ¼ cup hot water and orange liqueur, cover and store up to 1 week; drain to serve.
To serve, combine the leaves with nuts, fruit and seeds, then dress and toss.