This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 20-24 large shrimp, deveined and tails on
- Salt and pepper
- 1 rib of celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons Calabrian chili paste or 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- ½ cup shrimp stock  (recipe follows) or seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large pan  over medium-high to high heat, add shrimp and sear 2 minutes, then turn, season with salt and pepper, cook a minute more, and remove from pan . Add another turn of oil and the minced celery, shallots and garlic, stir a minute or 2, then add chili paste and stir, add vermouth and let it absorb, add stock and let it bubble and reduce a minute, then add butter and parsley. Swirl, then add shrimp back to pan  and turn to coat. Cook shrimp through 2 minutes more and douse with lemon juice, then serve.