This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show . For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
The flavors of sweet-tart cider and salty bacon add cozy, fall flavor to this easy one- pan  chicken and veggie meal.
- 6 slices meaty bacon, chopped 1/2-inch dice
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 16-18 large Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Freshly-grated nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups cloudy cider or hard cider
- About 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
Heat a large skillet , cast-iron or other, over medium-high heat, then render bacon 3-4 minutes and remove to paper or kitchen towel. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan , add chicken and brown on both sides, about 10 minutes or so, remove, then add shallots and sprouts cut-side down, cook 5-6 minutes, then toss a couple of minutes more while you whisk  up sauce.
Nest the chicken into the sprouts and shallots and pour sauce over, then partially cover and simmer 10-12 minutes more.