Rachael’s Deviled Chicken and/or Crab
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 pound pulled rotisserie chicken meat or 1 pound lump crab meat per recipe
- 2 small ribs celery or 1 large rib with leafy tops, coarsely chopped
- ½ onion, white, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red finger pepper, seeded, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 8-10 sprigs thyme, stripped (about 2 tablespoons)
- A small handful of parsley leaves (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- About 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Rach’s go-to is Frank’s)
- 2 round tablespoons Wickle’s pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon (for crab only)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped scallions, to garnish chicken, or toasted chopped slivered almonds and chives, to garnish crab
- Toast points or squares (crusts trimmed), thick-cut store-bought potato chips, red pepper and celery sticks, and bias-cut seedless cucumber slices, for serving
Place chicken in food processor and pulse until very finely chopped, transfer to bowl. For crab, pick through meat for shells and mash with fork into small bits.
To processor bowl, add celery, onion, garlic, chili pepper, thyme and parsley, and very finely chop by pulsing; add to chicken or crab. To the bowl, add mustard, hot sauce, relish, Worcestershire, and, if making with crab, lemon juice; mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowls; chicken is garnished with scallions and crab is garnished with chopped toasted almonds and chives. Surround spread with toast points, chips and veggies.