This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 1 pound pulled rotisserie chicken meat or 1 pound lump crab meat per recipe
- 2 small ribs celery or 1 large rib with leafy tops, coarsely chopped
- ½ onion, white, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red finger pepper, seeded, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 8-10 sprigs thyme, stripped (about 2 tablespoons)
- A small handful of parsley leaves (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- About 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Rach’s go-to is Frank’s)
- 2 round tablespoons Wickle’s pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon (for crab only)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped scallions, to garnish chicken, or toasted chopped slivered almonds and chives, to garnish crab
- Toast points or squares (crusts trimmed), thick-cut store-bought potato chips, red pepper and celery sticks, and bias-cut seedless cucumber slices, for serving
Place chicken in food processor and pulse until very finely chopped, transfer to bowl . For crab, pick through meat for shells and mash with fork into small bits.
To processor bowl , add celery, onion, garlic, chili pepper, thyme and parsley, and very finely chop by pulsing; add to chicken or crab. To the bowl, add mustard, hot sauce, relish, Worcestershire, and, if making with crab, lemon juice; mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowls; chicken is garnished with scallions and crab is garnished with chopped toasted almonds and chives. Surround spread with toast points, chips and veggies.