Rachael’s Garlic-Parm Crusted Potato Skins
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the potatoes:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling or baby potatoes, halved lengthwise
- Red pepper flakes and finely chopped parsley, to serve
For the balsamic ketchup aioli:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Fabanaise or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic or balsamic drizzle
- 1 scant teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat EVOO in a small pot, add butter and garlic, and swirl a minute or 2. Pour garlic oil and butter into a shallow baking dish or small baking sheet, sprinkle with parm cheese in an even layer, add potatoes cut-side down, and bake 40-45 minutes until just tender. Cool for 5-10 minutes before turning; this will allow the browned parm cheese to adhere to the potatoes. Combine aioli ingredients in a bowl. Serve potatoes with balsamic ketchup aioli and garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley.