Rachael’s Go-Greek Grilled Chicken Salad with Creamy Dressing
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the Dressing:
- About ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- About 1/3 cup whole-milk greek yogurt
- About 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 shallot, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (preferably Greek)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
For the Salad:
- 3 heads Little Gem lettuce or 2 hearts of romaine, chopped (about 10 cups)
- 2 vine or beefsteak tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 thin mild red or green peppers (such as field peppers), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red or white onion, chopped
- ½ English cucumber or 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (or 3 breasts, each halved horizontally into 2 cutlets)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano (preferably Greek), granulated garlic, and granulated onion
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- ¾ pound brick of feta, crumbled or diced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Pepperoncini (pickled peppers), whole or cut into rings, for serving
- Charred pita bread, for serving
For the dressing, shake all of the ingredients in a jar until well blended. Chill the dressing until ready to serve.
For the salad, in a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cucumber, and parsley.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, the oregano, granulated garlic, and granulated onion. Drizzle the chicken with EVOO. Grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Slice the chicken on an angle into thin strips.
Toss the salad with the dressing. Divide among 4 large platters or bowls. Neatly arrange the grilled chicken, feta, olives, and pepperoncini on top. Serve with charred pita bread.