Rachael’s Green Garlic Burgers with Mild Provolone and Balsamic Special Sauce
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb green garlic (dark-green top trimmed and bulb peeled if large), finely chopped, or 5 to 6 garlic scapes, finely chopped
- ½ cup mixed fresh flat-leaf parsley and mint, chopped
- 1½ pounds ground beef (80% lean) or ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- About 3 tablespoons grated onion with juices
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices mild provolone
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise (I like Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise) or regular mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic drizzle or aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 sesame seed burger buns (split and toasted, if desired)
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomato
- Chopped white onion or thinly sliced red onion
Place the beef in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Mix in the grated onion with juices, the Worcestershire, Dijon, and the green garlic mixture. Form into 4 patties (thinner in the centers for even cooking).
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high to high. Cook the patties, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes
for beef and 10 minutes for turkey. Top with the cheese during the last minute or two of cooking. Tent the skillet loosely with foil to melt the cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, mayonnaise, and balsamic drizzle for the balsamic special sauce.
Top the bun bottoms with the cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomato, onion, balsamic special sauce, and bun tops.
From Rachael Ray Every Day, June 2018.