This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show . For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- ½ pound spicy bulk breakfast sausage
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, such as Gebhardt’s
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander (half a scant palmful)
- 1½ teaspoons cumin (half a scant palmful)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (1/3 palmful)
- 1 large or 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup strong coffee, leftover from breakfast or brewed
- ½ cup water
- Hard shell squared-bottom large corn taco shells
- Shredded pepper jack and/or cheddar cheeses (2½ cups total)
- Shredded lettuce, iceberg or gem Romaine
- Diced tomatoes or store-bought taco sauce
- Pickled jalapeno pepper rings
- Chopped raw and rinsed white onions
Heat a large skillet  over medium-high heat, add oil, a turn of the pan , add beef and sausage, brown and crumble. Season the beef with salt, pepper, chili powder, coriander, cumin and oregano. Add jalapeno peppers, onion and garlic, combine, then soften 7-8 minutes. Add coffee and water, stir to combine, then lower heat and allow liquids to absorb.
Preheat oven to 375˚F and warm and toast taco shells.
Fill shells: cheese, beef and pork filling, lettuce, tomatoes, pickled jalapeños, and raw onions.