Rachael’s Minty Fresh Peas
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ to 2 pounds shelled fresh peas
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup packed mint and parsley
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
Pulse process the herbs and remove to small bowl. Add peas and stock to processor and process until smooth, then add back to pan with remaining whole peas and heat them through 2 minutes. Add herbs and juice of 1 lemon, adjust salt and serve.