Rachael’s Pork Fried Rice
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ pound ground pork
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh shelled peas or defrosted frozen
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 3 cups cooked rice (prepare 1 cup white rice in 1½ cups chicken stock)
- About 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- About 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Heat wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, add eggs to make a very thin omelet in center of pan. Fold browned omelet with spatula and remove. Add remaining oil to pan and brown and crumble pork. Add green onions, carrots, peas, ginger and garlic, and stir a minute or so. Add rice and fry, then add sauces and sesame oil. Chop up eggs and return to rice.