Rachael’s Roasted Sausages with Grapes
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
It doesn’t get cozier (or easier) than black or red grapes, fennel and garlic roasted with Italian sausages in red wine. Don’t forget the crusty bread for mopping!
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links with fennel
- Extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 2 bulbs fennel, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary, stemmed
- Salt and pepper
- 5 to 6 cups stemmed black or red seedless grapes
- 1 cup Chianti wine
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Balsamic drizzle
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Prick the casings of the sausages with the tines of a fork.
In a shallow saucepan, heat about an inch of water to a boil. Add the sausages and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
In a cast-iron skillet, heat EVOO, two turns of the pan. Add fennel, shallots and garlic, cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Add rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Stir and let cook for another minute. Add grapes to the pan and nestle sausages on top. Add the cup of wine and transfer pan to the oven.
Let cook for about 10 minutes or until sausage casings crisp up.
Drizzle balsamic on top and serve with crusty bread.