This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1½ pounds Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Chinese sesame paste or Tahini if not available
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- About 2/3 cup just-boiling water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or Sriracha sauce, for spicy noodles
- To serve: finely chopped scallions, whites and greens; seedless cucumber, chopped; toasted sesame seeds; chopped dry roasted peanuts; cilantro leaves
Bring 6 quarts water to boil, salt water, and cook noodles to package directions. Drain and cold shock the noodles, then dress lightly with peanut oil.
In a large bowl , combine sesame paste and peanut butter and thin mixture with hot water using a whisk , then stir in soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, and hot sauce, if using. Toss the noodles with sauce to coat evenly, then top with garnishes and serve.