This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 large field red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 crushed and 2 finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 12 cocktail tomatoes
- 2 large, firm eggplants, thinly sliced into planks, salted and left to drain on towels
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick planks lengthwise
- 2 cups fresh ricotta, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup parsley tops
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella
- A fat handful basil leaves, torn
Char peppers over an open flame or under a broiler until blistered and charred. Place in a bowl, cover and let cool. Seed, peel and cut into thick strips or quarters.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat a small pot with olive oil, crushed garlic and rosemary sprigs over medium heat to infuse the oil. Dress tomatoes with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast on a rimmed baking sheet until they burst.
Heat a grill pan. Brush the eggplant and zucchini with the infused oil and season zucchini with salt and pepper. Grill veggies until tender and marked.
Mash tomatoes with torn basil.
Spray a nonstick loaf pan or 8×8” pan or casserole. Layer lasagna with eggplant and zucchini, some roasted red peppers and half of the ricotta mixture; repeat, making the top layer of eggplant and/or zucchini. Top with the burst tomato sauce and mozzarella; bake 30-35 minutes to golden. Let stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes then cut and serve.