Ribeye Steaks with Arugula Salsa Verde, Crushed Potato Salad with Garlicky Ranch
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 boneless ribeye steaks, well-trimmed, about 1 1/4-inch thick Salt and pepper
For the potato salad:
- 2 pounds small/baby thin-skinned potatoes
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 green /spring onions or large scallions, whites and light green parts thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as dill, chives, parsley and mint
- Olive oil, for drizzling
For the Arugula Salsa Verde: (Try this sauce on fish such as grilled halibut as well.)
- 3 cups packed arugula leaves
- Kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts or toasted Panko or homemade breadcrumbs
- About 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bring steak to room temperature. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil and cook to tender. Transfer to a bowl and lightly crack and crush them using a potato masher or the bottom of a water glass.
Stir together the buttermilk, crème fraiche or yogurt, EVOO, garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes in the dressing to coat then fold in the onions and herbs. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Preheat cast-iron skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Drizzle the steaks with olive oil and cook 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until deeply browned and crusted; let rest.
For the Salsa Verde, place arugula in a food processor with salt, lemon zest and juice, capers, vinegar, chili flakes and walnuts or breadcrumbs. Pulse to finely chop then stream in EVOO until combined; transfer to serving dish.
Serve steaks topped arugula sauce with potato salad alongside.