Roast Broccolini or Broccoli Rabe with Sausages
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
From the pantry:
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 bunches broccolini or 1 large bunch rapini/broccoli rabe*
- 2 to 3 red finger chilies
- 2 large or 6 small shallots
- 2 pounds Italian sweet or hot sausages
- Balsamic drizzle or aged Balsamic vinegar
*If using broccolini, trim the ends and halve the fatter stalks. If using rabe, trim and blanch in salted, boiling water for 2 minutes, cold-shock, drain and pat dry.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Halve the chile peppers lengthwise. Peel, halve and thinly slice the shallots lengthwise. Crack, peel and slice 4 large cloves garlic.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the broccolini or rapini with the chile peppers, shallots, garlic about 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup EVOO, salt and pepper. Arrange sausages on top and roast 25 minutes or until casings are browned and juices run clear. Drizzle pan with Balsamic and serve.