This recipe serves a crowd and is great for entertaining or to make with leftovers. For a complete meal, serve with Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloins, Tortellini with Spinach Walnut Pesto and a Soft Cheese Board.
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips
- 5 baby eggplants, quartered lengthwise
- 6 baby zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 5 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO), to coat
- Coarse salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 500°F.
Working on a cookie sheet, combine the vegetables. Drizzle liberally with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat vegetables evenly. Roast until just tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.