This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 6 tablespoons EVOO  – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 medium (about 1 pound) yellow- or white-skinned potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 firm zucchini, seeded (if necessary) and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
- A few leaves of basil, torn
- 2 medium leeks, thin half moons
- 10 to 12 artichoke hearts from 2 boxes, defrosted, patted dry and sliced or if fresh, thinly sliced and dressed in lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 to 3 ribs celery with leafy tops, thinly sliced
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 chunk rind Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus some to top soup
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F and place a rack in the center of the oven.
Place about 3 tablespoons, 3 turns of the pan , of olive oil in Dutch oven . Arrange potatoes in single or lightly shingled layer in pot and season with salt and pepper. Top with garlic, onions, zucchini, thyme, tomatoes, basil, leeks, artichoke hearts, parsley and celery. Pour in stock and nestle in the cheese rind; top with sliced mushrooms and drizzle with more oil.
Bake to brown mushrooms about 20-25 minutes. Add 2 cups water, cover and roast 1 hour more. Remove from oven and stir, adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve with bread and lots if cheese at the table.