Saltimbocca Brown Butter Ravioli with Pumpkin
This dish is sure to become one of your fall favorites! Note that you’ll be using Rachael’s Balsamic Drizzle as part of this recipe.
- 1 2-pound sugar pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (eyeball it), plus additional for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 pound pancetta, cut into fine dice
- 1 1/2-2 pounds good quality, fresh large cheese or wild mushroom and cheese ravioli
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 20 leaves fresh sage
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for shaving over ravioli
- Balsamic Drizzle
Pre-heat the oven to 400˚F.
Coat the pumpkin or squash with a few tablespoons of EVOO, then season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg and roast for 15 minutes. Turn it over and roast for 15 minutes more.
When the pumpkin or squash is a few minutes away from being done, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the ravioli.
Drop the ravioli in the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
While the ravioli cook, melt the butter in the skillet, then add the sage leaves and crisp them up, about 2 minutes. Carefully remove the sage leaves, reserving them on a plate. Reduce the heat under the skillet a bit and allow the solids in the butter to brown.
Drain the ravioli and add them to the skillet. Toss to coat.
Arrange the brown butter ravioli on a serving platter with the pumpkin, and give everything a gentle toss. Top with the shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, crumbled sage and Rachael’s Balsamic Drizzle.