Saltimbocca Panini with Fresh Baby Arugula Salad
A flavorful sammie and salad make for a light and tasty lunch.
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese, cut into thin slices or shredded
- 16 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 bunch baby arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
Pre-heat a panini press or grill pan over medium heat.
Slice open each piece of ciabatta. Place a couple slices or a small handful of Fontina, four slices prosciutto and two leaves of sage into each sandwich. Place each sandwich into the pan and press with a foil-wrapped garden brick, a pan weighted with cans or a tea kettle filled with water. Brown and crust the sandwiches to melt the cheese, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve the sandwiches with the arugula salad alongside.