Sautéed Yellow Squash
This is an easy and colorful squash recipe that’s even a hit with kids! You can also try adding zucchini for added flavor and color.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small to medium size yellow squash, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped or 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
Pre-heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, then butter. When butter melts, add red peppers and squash.
Sauté 12-14 minutes until squash is tender. Add salt, pepper and parsley. Add chives or scallions if you would like a layer of light onion flavor on the dish as well.