Rach is bringing the heat to this year’s Feedback  with these slider sammies that pack a ton of flavor!
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound meaty bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder, such as Gebhardt
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 pound spicy breakfast or spicy Italian sausage, bought as bulk or removed from casings
- 2 Anaheim or other mild-heat green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red field pepper or bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup lager beer
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 28-ounce can or 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- Slider Rolls, such as King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- White onion, chopped and rinsed
- Pickled jalapeño pepper rings
- Mix of yellow American and pepper jack cheeses
Add beef to the pot and cook over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Season the beef with salt, pepper, chili powder, coriander, cumin, oregano and paprika. Add sausage to the pot as the beef browns. Add peppers, celery, onions and garlic. Partially cover pot and cook to soften veggies for about 7-8 minutes.
Add Worcestershire, beer, stock, tomatoes, sugar or honey, and reserved bacon. Bring to a bubble, then reduce heat and simmer chili over medium-low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Once finished, serve on slider-size rolls topped with onions and pickled jalapeños, cheese optional.